Ano da Publicação:
For this project, the initial idea was to analyse the “state of art” of the Portuguese Energy Law by gathering the views of the most relevant industry professionals. We considered that it would be important to collect their views in order to amplify their opinions on the topics listed above (all related to the Energy Law in Portugal).
Carla Amado Gomes
Bernardo Galvão Lucas
João Verne Oliveira
José Calejo Guerra
With the participation of law firms
Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira
Miranda & Associados
Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva
PLMJ Sociedade de Advogados
CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut
Sérvulo & Associados
Uría Menéndez – Proença de Carvalho
Vieira de Almeida
and the group
EnerXXI – Think Tank de Energia
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Do you consider the current Portuguese regulatory framework
to be an incentive to investment in the energy sector? Why?
2. How would you describe the Portuguese legal framework concerning the promotion of energy efficiency? (“The best energy is the one that is not produced”).
More specifically, how would you rate the adequacy, implementation and impact of the National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency (“PNAEE”)?
3. Renewable energy: direct aid to investment, incentives for placing energy on the network (“feed-in tariffs”) or the free market only conditioned by the impact of the carbon tax?
4. Green taxation reform should serve to relieve taxation imposed on other sectors or to increase the overall level of tax revenue? Do the proposals comply with the purpose of ensuring of fiscal neutrality?
5. How do the Portuguese rules on carbon taxation compare with the goals set by the European Union and with the legal framework of the other Member States?